I have been on a #ketodiet for almost two years now and it feels amazing. I had some setbacks during summer, i find it so difficult to keep a healthy #nosugar lifestyle with all those fruits available..and all that ice-cream. so i was more keto friendly :))) It is a difficult journey, but so worth it! So I started to search recipes for the things i craved.. such as pancakes 😀 and i discovered coconut flour and almond flour. The first pick was coconut flour to play with!
Cooking with coconut flour.. Does all food taste like coconut?
So my first question was.. if i cook with coconut flour will everything taste like coconut? Well.. a little bit 😀
It is not hard to cook with these type of flour, but there are a few things to keep in mind:
- you need to use a smaller quantity than you would normally use!
- it has a different consistency !
- too much can make your composition wattery!
Let’s get down to business and share this amazing recipe i have found on instagram on @thektobible feed 😀
Pancakes don’t make the world go ’round. Pancakes are what makes the ride worthwhile.
Nutritional facts: carbs- 3g, fat 18g, pro 6 g
25 grams of Coconut flour
50 grams of Cream Cheese
50 grams of Butter
50 grams Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
a pinch of salt
How it’s made:
- Sift the coconut flour along with the baking powder and then add the cinnamon powder and salt and mix them together
- Melt the butter and cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds and then add the cream and whisk together
- Once the mixture has cooled a bit, add in the 3 eggs, vanilla extract and 2-3 drops of stevia
- Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and whisk together till a smooth batter is formed
I must admit i had no whipped cream in the house so i just didn’t add any 😀 they turned out amazing anyways 😀